Use of certain library facilities and materials will be available to active Community Borrowers and MSU Alumni Association. Community Borrowers are individuals who have contributed at least $25.00 annually to the MSU Libraries. Individuals with a Community Borrowers card, or current alumni card, and government issued photo are allowed the following checkout privileges.
Up to ten items from the following collections may be checked out from the Libraries. They may be checked out for a period of two weeks.
- General Collection books
- Government Documents
- Infant through Grade 12 Resources juvenile books and curriculum guides.
Library Use Only:
- Periodicals, bound and unbound
- Infant through Grade 12 Resources textbooks and curriculum guides
- DVDs, videotapes, films and other audiovisual materials
- General reserve material
- Reference books
- Rare books and other material in Special Collections and Archives
- Computers are available upon specific request for researching some online library resources
All borrowers may usually renew materials from the General Collection, Documents, Maps and Infant through Grade 12 Resources twice. Renewals can be done online using the barcode number on your card for the ID.
Fines & Billing:
2 week loan item: $.25 per day (maximum fine: $25.00)
All borrowers will be billed for replacement at either actual or standard cost of overdue items that have accumulated the maximum fine. All billings will include an additional $10.00 non-refundable processing charge as well as accrued fines.
Use of certain library computers may be arranged at the discretion of the Research and Instructional Service Unit. Such use is only for research purposes using MSU library resources.
Garnett Library circulates books and videos to community patrons in the seven-county service area (Douglas, Howell, Oregon, Ozark, Shannon, Texas, and Wright counties) of the MSU-West Plains campus. Community patrons are required to complete an application form and show a photo ID with their current address to obtain a community library card. A responsible party signature is required for minors age 15 or under. The following policies apply to Community Patrons:
- A current Community Patron Card must be shown for each transaction. Patrons will be required to re-apply for a new card annually.
- Up to a total of five books or videos may be checked out on a patron’s account at any given time.
- The loan period for books is two weeks and one week for videos.
- Overdue fees are charged at $.25 per day for books and $1.00 per day for videos.
- Friends of the Garnett Library may present their membership card in lieu of a community patron card. All current and lifetime members have the additional benefit of requesting books from the Missouri State Libraries System, which includes Meyer Library in Springfield, through the online library catalog.
Computer access is not available to community patrons other than the online library catalog. Reference assistance is available to the community as well as photocopier and fax services and other collection use on site.