Garnett Library circulates books and videos to community patrons in the seven-county service area (Douglas, Howell, Oregon, Ozark, Shannon, Texas, and Wright counties) of the MSU-West Plains campus. Community patrons are required to complete an application form and show a photo ID with their current address to obtain a community library card. A responsible party signature is required for minors age 15 or under. The following policies apply to Community Patrons:
- A current Community Patron Card must be shown for each transaction. Patrons will be required to re-apply for a new card annually.
- Up to a total of five books or videos may be checked out on a patron’s account at any given time.
- The loan period for books is two weeks and one week for videos.
- Overdue fees are charged at $.25 per day for books and $1.00 per day for videos.
- Friends of the Garnett Library may present their membership card in lieu of a community patron card. All current and lifetime members have the additional benefit of requesting books from the Missouri State Libraries System, which includes Meyer Library in Springfield, through the online library catalog.
Computer access is not available to community patrons other than the online library catalog. Reference assistance is available to the community as well as photocopier and fax services and other collection use on site.