Use of certain library facilities and materials will be available to active Community Borrowers and members of the MSU Alumni Association. Community Borrowers are individuals who may checkout certain library materials for free. Individuals with a Community Borrowers card, or current alumni card, and government issued photo are allowed the following checkout privileges.
Up to ten items from the following collections may be checked out from the Libraries. They may be checked out for a period of four weeks.
- General Collection books
- Government Documents
- Infant through Grade 12 Resources juvenile books and curriculum guides.
Library Use Only
- Periodicals, bound and unbound
- Infant through Grade 12 Resources textbooks and curriculum kits
- DVDs, videotapes, films and other audiovisual materials
- General reserve material
- Reference books
- Rare books and other material in Special Collections and Archives
- Computers are available upon specific request for researching online library resources
All borrowers may usually renew materials from the General Collection, Documents, Maps and Infant through Grade 12 Resources once. Renewals can be done online using the barcode number on your card for the ID.
Fines & Billing
A charge of $120 is billed for each item not returned.