Use of certain library facilities and materials will be available to active Community Borrowers and members of the MSU Alumni Association. Community Borrowers are individuals who have contributed at least $25 annually to the MSU Libraries. Individuals with a Community Borrowers card, or current alumni card, and government issued photo are allowed the following checkout privileges.
Up to ten items from the following collections may be checked out from the Libraries. They may be checked out for a period of two weeks.
- General Collection books
- Government Documents
- Infant through Grade 12 Resources juvenile books and curriculum guides.
Library Use Only:
- Periodicals, bound and unbound
- Infant through Grade 12 Resources textbooks and curriculum kits
- DVDs, videotapes, films and other audiovisual materials
- General reserve material
- Reference books
- Rare books and other material in Special Collections and Archives
- Computers are available upon specific request for researching some online library resources
All borrowers may usually renew materials from the General Collection, Documents, Maps and Infant through Grade 12 Resources twice. Renewals can be done online using the barcode number on your card for the ID.
Fines & Billing:
2 week loan item: $0.25 per day (maximum fine: $25)
All borrowers will be billed for replacement at either actual or standard cost of overdue items that have accumulated the maximum fine. All billings will include an additional $10 non-refundable processing charge as well as accrued fines.
Use of certain library computers may be arranged at the discretion of the Research and Instructional Service Unit. Such use is only for research purposes using MSU library resources.